Marketing, & SEO
Social Media Marketing & Community Management and Listening
Full Details of Position
Santa Monica Travel & Tourism (SMTT)
September 2018 – March 2019
• Create and review relevant content for social media domestically and internationally, including Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and China’s WeChat and Weibo platforms.
• Increased follower engagement on Instagram by 51% and Twitter by approximately 30% through day-to-day community management and listening.
• Proactively mapped social media calendars and schedule social media congeng using Hootsuite’s social media management tool, while adjusting the content based on current events or new promotions.
• Track SMTT’s digital presence using Google and social media analytics and make recommendations accordingly.
• Analyze social media campaign hashtags using CrowdRiff and social media analytics.
• Use HTML code and SEO best practices to post and update content on SantaMonica.com to ensure accuracy.
• Maintain the CRM database for clients and local start-ups and entrepreneurs, while also organizing company assets.
• Form personable relationships with partners and represent SMTT at community events and industry functions.
• Conduct research to implement marketing projects, such as social media and website content for target audiences.
• Collect and shoot new photos and video for digital platforms.
• Design and update banner ads, print advertisements, postcards, brochures, e-newsletters, and other promotions.
• Collaborate with a team on campaigns and programs, including collateral production, website maintenance, social media, community relations, focus groups, events, Santa Monica and SMTT awareness promotions.
• Fulfill marketing and brand asset requests from marketing and other departments.
• Coordinate outreach development for local businesses to collect information for Santa Monica’s specials web pages.
• Update marketing Standard Operational Procedure (SOP) binders and one-sheets.
• Work with outside print vendors on the production of printed collateral.
• Assist the CMO and marketing and public relations directors and managers with administrative tasks, expense reports, communication outreach, errands, and projects.