As The Daily Iowan’s First Snapchat editor, I…
- Led a team towards a common goal of developing high-quality, cohesive, and compelling Snapchat stories for The Daily Iowan Snapchat Discover page.
- More than doubled the number of subscribers, while also doubling the average number of unique views per week.
- Implemented a cohesive design to align with The Daily Iowan‘s brand.
- Utilized Snapchat Publisher to strategize upcoming content and analyze Snapchat publisher’s analytics.
- Created an Executive Snapchat Plan to establish content goals and strategies to achieve those goals.
- Ensured that the content aligns with The DI’s brand, AP style, and Snapchat Publisher’s guidelines.
- Conducted final approval of Snapchat stories prior to publishing.
- Communicated effectively with the Snapchat liaison and The Daily Iowan’s Snapchat contributors.
- Edited and filmed videos for Snapchat stories using Adobe Premier Pro.
- Implemented DI Snapchat’s first “Student Voices” segment, a weekly video including interviews with students on a variety of topics.
- Created top snaps for the stories using Adobe After Effects.
- Uploaded snaps to Snapchat Publisher and analyzed the analytics to strategize next snaps.
Slideshow Example of Story Design (NOT Including Animations & Bottom Snaps)
Below are a few of my projects/topsnaps I created DURING my leadership and branding strategy.
*Please note: The cohesive design occasionally changed in response with updates in Snapchat Discover’s design. These clips are from a variety of weeks, so design may very slightly.
New Music Friday (Featuring New AND Trending Music)
New Music Friday Edition
Kendrick Lamar/Pulitzer Prize Edition
Summer Playlist Edition
Kendrick Lamar Pulitzer Prize Win (Brief) Topsnap:
(To view the content/bottom snap, read my article here: Lamar stirs up Pulitzer history.)
Mission Creek Festival Snap (Topsnap & Bottom Snap of Abridged Article)
Bottom Snap (Abridged Article):
To view my full-length article follow this link: Mission Creek eliminates boundaries between music, literature.
Abridged Article for Snapchat
Student Voices: Music Edition (Video Edited by Rhiana Chickering)
Spring Break Activity (The user takes a screenshot during a slide slide show to determine where he or she will be traveling for Spring Break.)
Grammy Album of the Year Poll: Which Grammy-nominated album do you like best?
Grammy-Inspired Drinks: 3 Cocktails Inspired by Grammy Nominees
Content/Bottom Snap (Video Edited by Rhiana Chickering):
Below are a few of my projects I completed PRIOR to my leadership and branding strategy:
Best of 2017 (Featuring the top music albums of 2017, as chosen by me and my fellow arts and culture staff at The Daily Iowan.)
Bottom Snap/Article: CLICK LINK BELOW:
Which Iowa City Coffeehouse should you visit next? (Top Snap & Flow Chart)
“What Were You Wearing?”
The article that attached to the top snap of RVAP’s art installment was a shortened version of the article than may be found in The Daily Iowan or my portfolio.
Top Snap I Created to the Shortened Version of an Article/Attachment I Wrote:
Homemade Facial to Try When You’re Stressed Out: